The Practitioner's Criminal Code, 2021 Edition + E-Book
Practice Gold Standard Criminal Law on the Go – Incorporating Technology with Alan Gold's Unique Insights and Experience
Often known as the "Gold Code," this leading annotated Criminal Code stands out from the competition and is now the choice of the criminal bar across the country and continues to be well received by academia.
The five driving "practitioner-centric" principles behind the "Gold Code" have become a critical feature that criminal lawyers look for in choosing their only portable Criminal Code reference and courtroom companion in their daily use.
- Principle 1: Analysis, not just annotations
- Principle 2: Synthesis, not just summaries
- Principle 3: Case commentaries, not just summaries
- Principle 4: The point of the cases, not just the cases on point
- Principle 5: "Cases of note" rather than "cases of not"
The Gold Code offers noteworthy comments about interesting cases, and a clearer indication of contentious issues and possible arguments that lawyers have come to expect from any other annotated Criminal Code. Each annual edition is updated and enhanced with a careful review of all "cases of note," keeping only cases that continue to be of note and adding insights on the latest noteworthy developments.
Exclusive E-Book Functionality
And now combining technology and Alan Gold's insights on criminal law and procedure, the Gold Code includes a complimentary E-Book version that exclusively offers hyperlinks to full text cases and so you can just read the rule, tap a case and obtain it without additional charge (provided you are online). Plus you can read, bookmark, copy and email text, do key word searches and make highlights and notes. Plus, LexisNexis E-Books are optimized for all mobile devices.
Highlights of the 2021 Edition
- Cross-references to the newly published Practitioner’s Criminal Precedents, 6th Edition
- Offence Chart to include SOIRA Mandatory and Derivative offences
- Discussion of key recent cases including:
- R. v. K.J.M.  S.C.J. No. 55 (Young offenders and Jordan limits)
- R. v. K.G.K.  S.C.J. No. 7 (Verdict deliberation time)
- R. v. Friesen  S.C.J. No. 100 (Role of appeal courts; Sex offences against children)
- R. v. Rafilovich  S.C.J. No. 51 (Fine in lieu of forfeiture for legal fees)
- R. v. Javanmardi  S.C.J. No. 54 (Manslaughter)
- R. v. Goldfinch  S.C.J. No. 38 (Rape-shield law)
- R. v. Penunsi  S.C.J. No. 39 (Peace bonds and release)
- Denis v. Côté  S.C.J. No. 44 (Journalist privilege)
Table of contents
Table of Cases
Glossary of Terms
Criminal Code Amendments
Criminal Code (Annotated)
Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms (Annotated)
Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (Annotated)
Youth Criminal Justice Act (Annotated)
Canada Evidence Act (Annotated)
DNA Identification Act
Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters Act
Criminal Records Act
New!The Practitioner's Criminal Precedents, 6th Edition + USBNew!Release date: September 26, 2020$260.00
A Practical Guide to the Charter: Section 10(b)Release date: August 24, 2020$105.00
New!The Practitioner's Criminal Code, 2021 Edition – Student Edition + E-BookNew!Release date: September 26, 2020$77.00