The Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement between the European Union and Canada: Economic Perspectives and Legal Analysis
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Written by recognized leaders in international trade with decades of combined experience, The Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement between the European Union and Canada: Economic Perspectives and Legal Analysis offers invaluable insight and expert commentary on the potential implications of the agreement now that it has come into force, after two years of provisional application.
This timely publication aims to help the business communities in both Canada and European Union gain a better understanding of what is new in the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA), the ways in which it differs from traditional trade agreements and how it is likely to benefit the Canadian and European economies.
In particular, the authors describe how today’s firms operate in a new trade reality where global value chains and service trade are omnipresent. The book illustrates how the Agreement reflects this new reality in its comprehensive nature – compared to other recent free trade agreements – and discusses how it provides a long-awaited effectiveness in addressing so-called “behind the border” barriers.
The combination of the economic and legal analyses featured in this volume provides business leaders with the opportunity to deepen both their understanding of why the accord matters economically and how the legal measures will affect their specific businesses. Special attention is paid to the pharmaceutical, food, automotive, maritime and telecommunications industries, which have been specifically targeted by CETA. Significantly, the text also examines how CETA will play a key role in the economic recovery post-COVID-19.
Ultimately, The Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement between the European Union and Canada: Economic Perspectives and Legal Analysis provides readers with an easy-to-understand and succinct overview of the key changes CETA has introduced and will be especially useful for:
- International trade and international business lawyers who will use it as a reference volume when advising clients about trading a product or service with a European country
- In-house lawyers at companies that sell or trade their product or service with European nations as it provides useful insight for understanding how CETA has changed the trading landscape
- Students in international business law, international trade and MBA programs who are looking for an accessible, comprehensive resource
- Government employees, including those working for Foreign Affairs, Trade & Development Canada, Canadian Trade Commissioner Service and ambassadors in Canada/EU countries – as it is a valuable learning and reference tool for those providing export advice and guidance to Canadians seeking to increase their international business
- Law libraries who want to offer patrons the resources they require
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
1. New global realities
2. Global value chains
3. Services trade
4. Deep integration
5. The provisional nature of the current agreement
6. Practical aspects of a provisional agreement
7. Major provisions suspended until complete ratification by national and regional parliaments
8. Implementation and its provisional character
9. The structure of this book
Chapter 2: The pre-CETA economic landscape
2. Canada’s exports to the European Union
3. EU exports to Canada
Chapter 3: CETA: Comprehensive legal framework
A. Custom duties
B. The use of non-tariff barriers
C. Public procurement
D. Geographical indications
E. Trade in services
F. Labour mobility and the mutual recognition of professional qualifications
G. Foreign investment
H. Methods of dispute settlement
Chapter 4: Sector analysis
A. The automotive industry
B. The agricultural and agri-food industry
C. The pharmaceutical industry
D. Maritime transport
Chapter 5: CETA after year two: Economic evidence
2. Tariff elimination and rules of origin
3. Initial impact of CETA on trade
4. Preference utilization low, but on the rise
Chapter 6: Conclusion
L’Accord économique commercial global entre l’Union européenne et le Canada : Perspectives économiques et revue légaleRelease date: November 26, 2020$105.00
New!Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Income Tax (Corporate) (2023 Reissue)New!Release date: January 27, 2023$330.00
New!Canadian Income Tax Law, 7th EditionNew!Release date: January 19, 2023$195.00