Personal Injury Damages, 2001-2021 Cumulative Edition (2 Volumes)
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The practice of assessing non-pecuniary damages is an exercise of familiarity with precedents and the numerous factors considered by the court in arriving at that figure for that particular plaintiff. Personal Injury Damages will simplify this delicate balancing act, while providing you with current information you need in one convenient and portable reference guide.
This special 2-Volume, 2001-2021 Cumulative Edition includes all cases reported from January 2000 through December 2020, and will serve as your primary point of reference in researching personal injury damages.
- Volume 1 – the Quantum Index organized by provinces/territories in descending order of damages quantum
- Volume 2 – the Injury Index organized by injury categories in reverse chronological order
- Commentary offering an analytical overview of the case law from January 2000 through December 2020, with statistics on the assessments awarded from courts across Canada
- Appendix A: Basic Anatomy and Physiology – A primer on medical concepts, with extensive commentary
- Appendix B: Glossary of Medical Terms – Over 750 definitions, from Abdomen to Zygoma
- Appendix C: Medical Drawings – Close to 30 detailed diagrams
Personal Injury Damages is the resource you'll need to reach early settlement of claims or prepare for assessment of damages at trial. You'll also find a useful discussion of factors that affect the assessment of damages.
Features and Benefits
- Comprehensive coverage – Contains virtually all English and common-law cases in Canada where non-pecuniary damages were assessed by a judge, from January 2000 to the end of December 2020
- Easy to use format – Makes assessing non-pecuniary damages easier than ever with two time-saving case indices
- Current information – Contains most recent case decisions for your best source of information
- Up-to-date statistics – Includes the number of assessments and the average assessment for all provinces/territories
- Table of cases – Find the case you're looking for faster
Table of contents
Volume 1 Quantum Index
Table of Cases
Provincial and Territorial Quantum Index
Volume 2 Injury Index
Appendix A: Basic Anatomy and Physiology
Appendix B: Glossary of Medical Terms
Appendix C: Medical Drawings