Patent Legislation & Commentary, 2022 Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Keeping abreast of the changes
This desktop reference for IP practitioners, agents and clerks brings together the full text of the current and former versions of the Patent Act (pre Oct. 1, 1989 and post Oct. 1, 1989) and Regulations and Rules, the Plant Breeders' Rights Act and Regulations, plus prescribed forms and related material.
The year in review and the introductory commentary fully update you on legislative, jurisprudential and practice developments.
Features and Benefits
- Introductory commentary – Gain an overview of both the legislative and operative frameworks for patent practice in Canada
- Year in review – Discover major recent developments and their implications on patent practice
- Full text of key legislation and pertinent material – Locate essential patent information and data with no need to search elsewhere
- International Convention for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants
- Schedule of fees
- Table of concordance comparing the Patent Act, R.S.C. 1985, c.P-4 to the Patent Act, R.S.C. 1970, c. P-4
New Edition Highlights
- Discussion of key recent decisions on the issues of:
- patentable subject matter
- claim construction
- the meaning of “skilled person”
- common general knowledge
- the meaning of “prior art”
- remedies for infringement
Who Uses This Consolidation?
- Intellectual property lawyers who need to stay abreast of the latest developments in patent law and procedure
- Intellectual property agents/clerks who must have instant access to pertinent legislation and related material for preparing, filing and prosecuting patent applications
- Intellectual property trainees/students who need an overview of patent law and practice
- Large business corporations and in-house counsel who need to guard their own patents against infringement
- Canadian Intellectual Property Office, Industry Canada, the Patented Medicine Prices Review Board and the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada who must have instant access to key legislation and material in delivering current programs and services
Table of contents
Year in Review
Table of Concordance
Patent Act (Post Oct. 1/96)
Patent Rules (Post Oct. 30/19)
Patent Rules (Pre Oct. 30/19)
Patent Cooperation Treaty
PCT (Schedule of Fees)
Request Form Under PCT
Demand Form Under PCT
Patent Act (Post Oct. 1/89)
Patent Act (Pre Oct. 1/89)
Commentary: Plant Breeders' Rights
Plant Breeders' Rights Act
Plant Breeders' Rights Regulation
Plant Breeders' Rights – Related Material
Membership List of the World Trade Organization