Halsbury's Laws of Canada - Planning and Zoning (2017 Reissue)
Begin updating your law library today!
$135* per volume (ISBN: 9780433454946) OR purchase individual volumes at $305 each.
For more information or to place an order please contact us.
*Per volume with commitment to purchase the entire 74-volume set.
Planning and zoning concerns don't just arise in the course of a municipal law file or with respect to a major development project. They can be just as relevant to a residential or commercial purchase and sale, a minor by-law dispute, or the day-to-day operation of a small business. But, while these issues aren't just the province of specialists, they are specialized, and informed guidance is absolutely essential - and now conveniently available.
Halsbury's Planning and Zoning (2017 Reissue) volume provides practitioners with a thoughtful and thorough explanation of this important area of law. Written by one of Canada's most respected land use practitioners, this national work clearly organizes and presents the black letter law and explains the nuanced framework that governs land use and development across Canada. It delivers straightforward answers to the kind of questions, both large and small, that lawyers will wrestle with on a variety of files, and does so in an accessible and cost-effective manner.
Topics covered in this essential reference include:
- Federal role in, and jurisdiction over, planning and zoning
- An overview of provincial planning and regulation
- Local planning authorities
- The planning profession in Canada
- Official plans
- Zoning and development controls
- Other regulations related to land use
- Development approval procedures
- Subdivision controls
- Heritage conservation
- Enforcement of land use regulations
- Planning and zoning on First Nations lands
And much more.
- Enhanced contents
- A general table of contents to the level of chapter headings
- A detailed table of contents to the level of clause headings
- Detailed sectional contents set out within the commentary for each chapter and section
- References and abbreviations - an alphabetical listing of special references and abbreviations used in the volume, with an explanation of their meaning
- Selected secondary sources -setting out selected texts, articles, and other secondary sources pertaining to the subject that the reader may find to be relevant and helpful
- Glossary of definitions -identifying words and phrases defined in legislation governing testate and intestate succession, and providing the text of the definition in each jurisdiction for easy reference. A valuable "quick reference" in a field marked by a wide variety of statutes promulgated across many jurisdictions
- Table of cases
- Table of statutes and statutory instruments
- List of related titles
- Enhanced contents
Table of contents
I. Planning and Zoning in Federal Law
II. Provincial Land Use Control
III. Local Planning Authorities
IV. The Planning Profession
V. Official Plans
VI. Zoning and Other Site Development Controls
VII. Development Approval Procedures
VIII. The Control of Subdivision
IX. Heritage Conservation
X. Enforcement of Land Use Regulations
XI. Planning and Zoning on First Nations Lands