Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Business Corporations (2018 Reissue)
Begin updating your law library today!
$135* + tax per volume (ISBN: 9780433454946) OR purchase individual volumes at $310 each.
For more information or to place an order please contact us.
*With commitment to purchase the entire 72-volume set.
The corporation is at the centre of economic activity in virtually every business sector in Canada. Not surprisingly, therefore, the laws which govern its creation, management and dissolution can be of central concern to lawyers practising in virtually every field of law. Halsbury's Laws of Canada's comprehensive, newly revised title Business Corporations (2018 Reissue) provides practitioners – especially those who do not specialize in corporate law – with the respected guidance that they need to understand the fundamental legal principles and issues that impact the operation and obligations of Canadian business corporations.
Utilizing the acclaimed Halsbury's format and style, Business Corporations (2018 Reissue) provides a clear and national narrative of the law as it relates to both the overarching framework and the specific rules set out in the various federal, provincial and territorial business corporation statutes in force across Canada. From basic principles of corporate personality and incorporation to corporate financing, the powers and liability of directors, shareholder remedies and corporate dissolution, this valuable volume deliver an authoritative and accessible explanation of Canadian corporate principles.
Topics covered include:
- Different classes of corporation
- Constitutional and Charter issues
- Restrictions on incorporation
- Articles and by-laws
- Corporate names
- Pre-incorporation contracts
- Limited liability and piercing the corporate veil
- Separation of the ownership and management
- Corporate liability
- Liability for insiders
- Criminal liability
- Liability of directors, officers and others
- Corporate governance
- Board of Directors
- Nature of directorship
- Appointment or election
- Corporate management
- Board decision-making
- General managerial rights
- Restrictions on directorial authority
- Delegation of managerial authority
- Duties and liabilities of Directors and Officers
- Record-keeping, auditing and disclosure
- Equity finance
- Debt financing
- Shareholders rights, obligations
- Shareholder remedies
- Oppression remedy
- Derivative actions
- Amending the articles of a corporation
- Sale, lease or exchange of corporate property
- Take-over bids and issuer bids
- Winding-up and dissolution
- And much more.
Table of contents
I. The Corporate Concept
II. Constitutional Considerations
IV. Corporate Personality and Its Implications
V. Corporate Liability
VI. Corporate Governance
VII. The Board of Directors
VIII. Corporate Management
IX. Duties and Liabilities of Directors and Officers
X. Record-Keeping, Auditing and Disclosure
XI. Equity Finance
XII. Debt Financing
XIII. Shareholders and Their Rights
XIV. Shareholder Remedies
XV. Fundamental Changes
XVI. Winding-up and Dissolution