Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Athletics (2017 Reissue) / Aviation and Space (2017 Reissue)
Begin updating your law library today!
$135* per volume (ISBN: 9780433454946) OR purchase individual volumes at $300 each.
For more information or to place an order please contact us.
*Per volume with commitment to purchase the entire 74-volume set.
Jay Brecher, B.A., LL.B.
As sports and recreational activity continue to play an important role in Canadian society, the legal issues that arise from athletics assume an increasing profile. This is true whether the issue concerns the organizational framework of amateur sports, rules in respect of performance enhancing drugs, or criminal and civil liability arising from actions occurring during the course of play. Newly revised and covering both amateur and professional activities, the Athletics (2017 Reissue) title sets out the legal framework which supports and regulates sports and athletic activity in Canada. Topics covered include:
- Activities involving animals
- The statutory framework for national sports, governance and promotion of sports
- Boxing and other combat sports and ice hockey and snow sports
- Amateur sports bodies and programs, including the Canadian Olympic Committee, U Sports and the Canadian Anti-Doping Program
- Employment of professional athletes
- Criminal and civil liability
AVIATION AND SPACE
Timothy Trembley, B.A.Sc., LL.B.
2009 marks the 100th anniversary of the flight of Canada's first heavier than air, powered aircraft. More than a century after this historic event, the law governing aviation and carriage by air has evolved into a large, complex, and international body of agreements, regulations, and statutory requirements. As Canadian aeronautics enters its second hundred years, the legal and technical framework continues to develop to accommodate the growing field of law relating to the commercial exploitation of space.
To assist lawyers with issues that may arise in the course of practice, the newly updated Aviation and Space (2017 Reissue) title discusses the legal framework that governs aviation in Canada and provides a narrative of the law relating to the commercial and non-commercial use of space. Topics covered include:
- The constitutional, legislative and regulatory structure of aviation law
- International sources of aviation law
- Air operator licensing and regulation
- Criminal enforcement and civil liability
- Carriage of goods
- Accident investigation
- International space law and United Nations treaties
- Commercial space travel and the law relating to satellites
Table of contents
I. Statutory Framework
II. Amateur Sports Bodies and Programs
III. Employment of Professional Athletes
IV. Criminal and Civil Liability
AVIATION AND SPACE
I. International Sources of Air Law
II. The Constitutional, Legislative and Regulatory Framework for Aviation
IV. Accident Investigation
V. Space Law