Due to our backend system billing upgrade, orders placed after October 30 will be processed on November 2.
Thank you for understanding.
Copyright Legislation & Commentary, 2023 Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Stay on top of the latest changes to the copyright world
Copyright Legislation & Commentary, 2023 Edition is fully updated to give you an overview of the latest changes affecting copyright law and practice in Canada.
This desktop reference for IP practitioners, agents and clerks brings together the full text of the Copyright Act and Regulations, the Industrial Design Act and Regulations, and the Integrated Circuit Topography Act and Regulations, plus related material. The year in review and introductory commentary by The Honourable Mr. Justice Roger T. Hughes and Susan Peacock fully updates readers on legislative and jurisprudential developments.
Features and Benefits:
- Introductory commentary – Gain an overview of both the legislative and jurisprudential framework for copyright practice in Canada
- Year in review – Discover major recent developments and their implications on copyright practice
- Full text of key legislation and pertinent material – Locate essential copyright information with no need to search elsewhere
New Edition Highlights
The 2023 Edition features a 2022 Year in Review, summarizing recent developments in legislation and jurisprudence, including discussion of:
- Recent decisions of the Federal Court of Canada with respect to dynamic site-blocking orders
- The recent decision of the Supreme Court of Canada interpreting the “making available” provisions of the Copyright Act
- Amendments to the Copyright Act extending the term of protection for works
Who Uses This Consolidation?
- Intellectual property lawyers who need to stay abreast of the latest developments in copyright law
- Intellectual property agents/clerks who must have instant access to pertinent legislation and related material for completing copyright applications and processing claims
- Intellectual property trainees/students who need an overview of copyright law
- Large business corporations and in-house counsel who need to protect their own copyrights and industrial designs
- Canadian Intellectual Property Office, Industry Canada, the Copyright Board of Canada and the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada who must have instant access to key legislation and material in delivering current programs and services
- Year in Review
Table of contents
Universal Copyright Convention
Berne Convention (Paris Text 1971, as amended on September 28, 1979
Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights
WIPO Copyright Treaty
WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty
Marrakesh Treaty to Facilitate Access to Published Works for Persons Who Are Blind, Visually Impaired, or Otherwise Print Disabled
Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement (as it relates to copyright)
Industrial Design Act
Industrial Design Regulations
Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement (as it relates to industrial designs)
Integrated Circuit Topography
Integrated Circuit Topography Act
Integrated Circuit Topography Regulations