Canadian Insurance Regulation Reporter - Newsletter + PDF
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Your Source for Untangling Insurance-Regulatory Issues
Canadian Insurance Regulation Reporter is the perfect companion for those seeking a firm grasp on the complex regulatory issues facing the Canadian insurance industry. This quarterly newsletter, featuring expert commentary from the industry's leading lawyers, academics and regulators, is a vital tool for those looking for advice in a highly regulated industry where new requirements are continually being introduced.
Whether you're concerned about regulatory requirements and protocols relating to, among other things, governance, privacy, disclosure, conflicts of interest, AML/ATF, complaints reporting or outsourcing compliance, this invaluable publication will shed light on the key industry issues you face on a daily basis. Canadian Insurance Regulation Reporter provides commentary and expert analysis of all the important Canadian insurance industry developments and trends, a feature that makes this product unique among Canadian publications.
- Expert analysis and commentary on the vital topics relating to insurance regulatory issues nationwide
- Articles on the latest regulatory and compliance issues, especially of benefit to smaller financial institutions
- Broad industry coverage of relevance to life and property and casualty insurers and reinsurers, brokers, agents and adjusters, and national and provincial regulators
- Contributions from industry leaders
- Commentary on the key challenges facing the industry, including governance, risk and compliance (GRC); disclosure, privacy, anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism financing
- Analysis of important trends such as industry consolidation and restrictions on long-standing practices like the payment of contingent commissions and the use of finite reinsurance
- Risk retention alternatives,including self-insurance and captive insurance
- An Advisory Committee that includes some of the nation's top insurance industry participants, regulators and advisors
- A product that is completely unique in the Canadian marketplace
Jeff Bear Chief Executive Officer Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario
Paul Belanger Partner Blake, Cassels&; Graydon
J-P Bernier Vice-President&; General Counsel Canadian Life&; Health Insurance Association
Randy Bundus Vice-President, General Counsel&; Corporate Secretary Insurance Bureau of Canada
Anne Butler Vice-President, Legal and Corporate Secretary, Empire Financial Group
Stuart S. Carruthers Partner, Stikeman Elliot LLP
Greg Cowper Director, Approvals and Precedents OSFI
Michael Grist Deputy Superintendent, Insurance and Pensions BC Financial Institutions Commission, Current Chair of the CCIR
Richard Lococo Senior Vice-President and Deputy General Counsel, Manulife Financial Corporation
Robert McDowell Partner and Chair of Financial Institutions and Services Group, Fasken Martineau
Norma Nielson Professor&; Chair in Insurance and Risk Management, Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary
Bernie Stevenson Senior Vice-President&; General Counsel, Aviva Canada Inc.
Grant Swanson Executive Director, Licensing&; Market Conduct Division, Financial Services Commission of Ontario
Who Should Buy
- Canadian and International law firms and other counsel serving the insurance industry
- In-house counsel and legal staff at insurance companies, regulators, industry associations, brokers, banks, credit unions and other financial institutions
- Canadian businesses
- Other professionals dealing with the insurance industry, such as investment bankers, accountants, actuaries and adjusters
Billing Method: Annual Subscription