Annotated Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security Act, 21st Edition, 2022/2023
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The one-stop source for mastering CPP disability claims, government pensions entitlement and procedures, employment status, director’s liability for remittances, and more!
Whether you have to handle a CPP or OAS claim, calculate and remit withholdings on employee compensation, ascertain the employment status of a worker or tackle a procedural or jurisdictional issue before the Social Security Tribunal, Annotated Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security Act, 21st Edition, 2022/2023 is for you. This handy work is the only portable, one-stop resource in this area for professionals on the go.
Containing the full text of the CPP and regulations, OAS Act and regulations, Parts V & VI of the Department of Employment and Social Development Act and Regulations along with section-by-section annotations and cross references throughout, you’ll have convenient access to expert commentary and explanations of the legislative provisions and court and tribunal decisions regarding CPP, OAS and related procedural issues. The book's unique and comprehensive CPP disability table shows how the courts and tribunals have applied the legislation to various situations and ailments. The book also offers up-to-date coverage of pending legislation and new cases, as well as key decisions of the Social Security Tribunal and former Pension Appeals Board.
Highlights of This Edition
- Significant recent amendments to the Old Age Security Act
- Recent Key Federal Court decisions on the following topics: constitutionality of survivor’s pension (Landau); articulating a test for incapacity (Blue); determinations of conjugal relationship under provincial law not binding under CPP (Havaris); date for end of employment where applicant fired before end of contract (Pooran); inability to work consistently (Riccio); and addressing moot issues (Mudie)
- Recent Social Security Tribunal decisions addressing such topics as: timeline for returning to Canada under the OASA university provision (I.B.); remedy where investigation reveals application did not meet requirements for OAS (M.B.); delaying prescribed treatment for disability until after MQP (A.H.)
Who Will Benefit
- Pension and Benefits Lawyers – Keep abreast of recent changes to the law and the latest tribunal and court decisions that affect the interpretation of government pension legislation
- Employment lawyers – Ascertain whether a worker is an employee, or a dependent or independent contractor
- Corporate and tax lawyers – Ensure that the required CPP remittances are made by employers
- Human Resource Professionals – Explain the procedural and adjudicative framework for dealing with disability claims and pension entitlements to employees
- Accountants – Calculate the CPP remittances of employees
- Legal Clinics – Advise and assist elderly or disabled clients obtain the assistance or pension they deserve
Table of contents
The Canada Pension Plan Disability Pension – Procedure and Entitlement
Disability Case Table
Canada Pension Plan
Canada Pension Plan Regulations
Canada Pension Plan – Prescribed Province Pension Regulations
Canada Pension Plan (Social Insurance Numbers) Regulations
Calculation of Contribution Rates Regulations, 2007
Delegation of Powers (Canada Pension Plan, Part 1) Regulations
Rules of Procedure of the Pension Appeals Board for Appeals under Section 83 of the Canada Pension Plan
General Rules of the Tax Court of Canada Regulating the Practice and Procedure in the Court of Appeals
Old Age Security Act
Old Age Security Regulations
Department of Employment and Social Development Act
Social Security Tribunal Regulations
Policies of the Social Security Tribunal
Ontario Family Law Practice, 2022 Edition (Volume 1) + Related Materials (Volume 2)Release date: September 21, 2021$265.00
Ontario Family Law Practice, 2022 Edition (Volume 1) + Related Materials (Volume 2) – Student EditionRelease date: September 21, 2021$120.00
New!PreorderSopinka, Lederman & Bryant – The Law of Evidence, 6th EditionNew!Release date: June 30, 2022$445.00