Annotated Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security Act, 17th Edition, 2018
Be An Expert on CPP and OAS!
Whether you have to handle a CPP or OAS claim, calculate and remit withholdings on employee compensation, or ascertain the employment status of a contractor, Annotated Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security Act, 17th Edition, 2018 is for you. This handy work is the only portable, one-stop resource in this area for professionals on the go.
The section-by-section annotations and exhaustive cross sections throughout give you expert commentary and explanations of the legislative provisions, the regulations, and court and tribunal decisions regarding CPP and OAS issues. The book also offers up-to-date coverage of pending legislation and new cases, as well as key decisions of the Pension Appeals Board.
Highlights of this edition
- All recent amendments including the latest amendments to the Canada Pension Plan Regulation from SOR/2017
- Recent court and Social Security Tribunal decisions of note and, in particular, pertaining to the definition and statement and estimate of income.
- New Social Security Tribunal Practice Directions on: Requests to participate as an intervener; Process for dealing with appeals from deceased appellants
- Pension and Benefits Lawyers – keep abreast of recent changes to the law and the latest tribunal and court decisions that affect the interpretation of pension and benefits legislation.
- Human Resource Professionals – understand the procedural and adjudicative framework for dealing with pension claims.
- Pension Consultants and Plan Administrators - understand the legislative requirements of the Canada Pension Plan and the Old Age Security schemes for administering and designing benefits plans.
Table of contents
The Canada Pension Plan Disability Pension – Procedure and Entitlement
Disability Case Table
Canada Pension Plan
Canada Pension Plan Regulations
Canada Pension Plan – Prescribed Province Pension Regulations
Canada Pension Plan (Social Insurance Numbers) Regulations
Calculation of Contribution Rates Regulations, 2007
Delegation of Powers (Canada Pension Plan, Part 1) Regulations
Rules of Procedure of the Pension Appeals Board for Appeals under Section 83 of the Canada Pension Plan
General Rules of the Tax Court of Canada Regulating the Practice and Procedure in the Court of Appeals
Old Age Security Act
Old Age Security Regulations
Department of Employment and Social Development Act
Social Security Tribunal Regulations
Policies of the Social Security Tribunal