Annotated British Columbia Securities Legislation, 14th Edition, 2020
Get the most accurate and current information on British Columbia securities legislation. Annotated British Columbia Securities Legislation, 14th Edition, 2020 has been prepared in consultation with the British Columbia Securities Commission and the Vancouver office of McCarthy Tétrault LLP.
- Everything in the five-digit numbering system in force as of July 1, 2019
- Updated Tables of Concordance to help you quickly compare requirements in different jurisdictions
- Updated Topical index to help you find relevant references quickly and easily
- History notes and pending amendments to the British Columbia Securities Act to help you conduct accurate research
- Updated Case Table to help you navigate quickly to relevant case annotations
What's New in the 14th Edition
- Revised annotations to the British Columbia Securities Act, updated to July 1, 2019.
- All new and amended National and British Columbia securities documents, including:
- Amendments to National Instrument 45-106 Prospectus Exemptions, Form 45-106F1 Report of Exempt Distribution, and Companion Policy 45-106CP, effective October 5, 2018
- Amendments to National Instrument 81-102 Investment Funds and various other instruments relating to alternative mutual funds, effective January 3, 2019
- New CSA Staff Notice 51-356 Problematic promotional activities by issuers, published November 29, 2018
- New Joint CSA/IIROC Consultation Paper 21-402 Proposed Framework for Crypto-Asset Trading Platforms, published March 14, 2019
- Revised BC Instruments 32-513 Registration Exemption for Trades in Connection with Certain Prospectus-Exempt Distributions and 32-517 Exemption from Dealer Registration Requirement for Trades in Securities of Mortgage Investment Entities
12th to 14th Editions: David Frost B.A., LL.B. and Pavan Jawanda B.B.A., LL.B.
2nd to 11th Editions: Tim McCafferty B.Sc. (Hons.), M.A.Sc., LL.B., C.F.A., ICD.D
Case law contributors
Andrew Matheson B.A., LL.B., LL.M.
Sean D. Sadler B.A., LL.B., LL.M.
Benjamin Silver B.A., LL.B.
René R. Sorell B.A., M.A., LL.B.
Bosa Kosoric B.A., J.D.
Glynnis Morgan B.A., M.A., J.D.
Table of contents
Tables of Concordance
Rule Making Procedure Regulation
National and BCSC Policy Documents
National Policy Statements
British Columbia Securities Commission Notices
Table of Cases