Maximizing Corporate Tax Incentives for Scientific Research and Experimental Development
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The Scientific Research and Experimental Development Program is the largest single source of federal government support for industrial research and development. With billions given each year, you can't afford to miss out on these tax credits.
Maximizing Corporate Tax Incentives for Scientific Research and Experimental Development is Canada's only up-to-date guide to the SR&ED program. Veteran tax practitioner and author Terrance A. Sweeney explains what you need to do to claim your share.
You'll learn how to:
- Determine which projects qualify for the SR&ED program and which do not
- Apply for SR&ED investment tax credits for wages, materials, machinery, equipment, some overhead and SR&ED contracts
- Prepare a claim form
- Avoid costly errors during the claim process
- Locate CRA administrative publications and programs to help you make your SR&ED claim
- Enhance your chances of recovering SR&ED credits
Easy Examples to Follow
- Case studies examining various SR&ED projects undertaken by a Canadian-controlled private corporation, including:
- Constructing prototypes
- Purchasing new machines and shared-use equipment
- Developing a new part for a machine in an SR&ED project
- Sample completed Form T661, T2SCH31, CT23 schedule 161 and Ontario innovation tax credit claim form
- Extracts from the ITA and regulations relating to the SR&ED tax incentives
- List of SR&ED relevant articles from 1987 onward
- Annotated significant SR&ED cases
- List of government releases on SR&ED referred to in this guide
- Extracts from the Corporations Tax Act (Ontario) and regulations relating to SR&ED tax incentives
A Must-Have Book for:
- CFOs, corporate counsel and controllers of Canadian companies who need to be aware of the SR&ED program inorder to receive tax credits
- Corporate/commercial lawyers and tax lawyers who need to understand the SR&ED program to advise their clientson accessing these tax credits
Table of contents
About the Author
Table of Cases
Detailed Table of Contents
Chapter 1: What is "SR&ED"?
Chapter 2: The Pool of Deductible SR&ED Expenditures
Chapter 3: Investment Tax Credit for Expenditures on SR&ED
Chapter 4: The Refundable Investment Tax Credit
Chapter 5: Ontario SR&ED Tax Incentives
Chapter 6: How a Corporation Can Obtain SR&ED
New!PreorderMisrepresentation and (Dis)Honest Performance in Contracts, 2nd EditionNew!Release date: June 30, 2021$210.00
New!PreorderHalsbury's Laws of Canada – Media and Postal Communications (2021 Reissue) / Medicine and Health (2021 Reissue)New!Release date: June 30, 2021$320.00
New!Preorder2021 Occupational Health and Safety Act with Regulations for Ontario + E-Book PDFNew!Release date: May 31, 2021$27.40