Annotated Securities Transfer Act (Ontario), 2012 Edition
Annotated Securities Transfer Act (Ontario), 2012 Edition is the only legal source you need for in-depth guidance to the Securities Transfer Act, 2006. Since its coming into force on January 1, 2007, counterpart legislation has been enacted in the majority of the other Canadian provinces and territories.
With section-by-section commentary and user-friendly features, this publication provides a conceptual framework for, and an accessible treatment of, an important new development in Canadian commercial law.
Features and Benefits
This unique resource allows you to gain a thorough grasp of this complex statute by providing you with:
- Introduction - a detailed overview of the role of the Act in securities transactions, highlighting its key features
- Section-by-section commentary - featuring cross-references to other sections within the Act, as many of the provisions cannot be understood adequately without an understanding of other provisions
- Cross references to and comparison of the Act with legislative counterparts in other jurisdictions - references to the American Revised Article 8 of the Uniform Commercial Code and the Ontario Act's other provincial counterparts
- Explanation of the Act's impact on Ontario legislation - insightful commentary relating to the impact of the Act on related Ontario legislation
Considerable Time-Saving Features
- Detailed cross references - to other sections within the Act, counterpart legislation in other provinces and territories, the American Revised Article 8 of the Uniform Commercial Code, and more
- Subject index - locate relevant information quickly
A Must Have Book For
- Corporate/commercial and securities law practitioners who will be required to grapple with this complex and important new statute
Table of contents
Securities Transfer Act, 2006