Canadian Federal Courts Practice, 2015 Edition + E-Book / Pratique devant les Cours fédérales, édition 2015 + livre électronique
Publisher: LexisNexis Canada
Hardcover Book + e-Book,
Billing Method: Annual Publication – Standing Order Terms Apply
Designed for the Bench – Perfect for the PractitionerOnly Canadian Federal Courts Practice, 2015 Edition / Pratique devant les Cours fédérales, édition 2015
provides all commentary, indices, a list of judges and registry offices and an overview in English and French. Designed for both English and French practitioners who appear before the Federal Courts, this guide on the Federal Courts Act
and Rules, and Federal Courts practice, provides up-to-date, section-by-section annotation and commentary for your quick reference. All commentary, full text of legislation, forms and Federal Courts of Canada Notice to the Legal Profession are offered in both English and French.
PLUS: Only LexisNexis e-books contain hyperlinks to full-text cases and are optimized for all mobile devices (not just BlackBerry®), offering direct complimentary access to full text of all judgments hyperlinked in the e-bookFeatures
New In This Edition
- Bilingual court practice and procedure overview and section-by-section commentary
- Bilingual reproduction of the full text of the Federal Courts Act, Federal Courts Rules and Forms, and the Federal Courts Immigration and Refugee Protection Rules - Legislation is laid out side-by-side for convenient access to both English and French versions
- Expert section-by-section annotations of recent key decisions by experienced judges and practitioners - Serves as authoritative guide for further research
- Bilingual pertinent practice notes and rules of courtroom procedure - Facilitates quick, last- minute verification of courtroom procedures
- Bilingual forms and tariffs of fees under the Federal Courts Rules - Saves time to locate key information
- Bilingual table of contents - Locate relevant sections quickly in both English and French
- Table of concordance between the former and current Federal Courts Rules - Understand the current relevance of former case law
Table of Contents
- Updated Practice Notes and Directions issued by the Federal Courts in 2014
- Expanded commentaries on sections of the Federal Courts Act and Federal Courts Rules most often judicially considered, including those concerning judicial review, summary judgment, interventions and appeals of a Prothonotary's decision
- Case digests of most important procedural decisions pronounced in 2014
About the Authors/À propos des auteurs
Legislative Currency/Niveau de mise à jour
Table of Cases/Table des décisions
Judges and Registry Offices/Les juges et les bureaux du greffe
Elements of Practice and Procedure Before the Federal Court of Canada/Éléments de pratique et de procédure devant les Cours fédérales du Canada
Court Practice Notes/Directives sur la procédure
Federal Courts Act/Loi sur les Cours fédérales
Exchequer Court Act /Loi sur la Cour de l'Échiquier (unrepealed sections)(articles non abrogés)
Federal Courts Rules / Règles des Cours fédérales
- Table of Concordance/Table de concordance
- Notes on Federal Courts Rules and Proceedings/Notes sur les Règles des Cours fédérales
- Federal Courts Rules/Règles des Cours fédérales
- Schedule (Rule 52.2): Code of Conduct for Expert Witnesses/ Annexe (règle 52.2) Code de déontologie régissant les témoins experts
Tariffs of Fees/Tarifs Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
(ss. 72-87)/Loi sur l'immigration et la protection des réfugiés
(art. 72 à 87)
Federal Courts Immigration and Refugee Protection Rules/Règles des Cours fédérales en matière d'immigration et de protection des réfugiés Crown Liability and Proceedings Act/Loi sur la responsabilité civile de l'État et le contentieux administratif Canada Evidence Act/Loi sur la preuve au Canada
Interpretation Act/ Loi d'interprétation
The Honourable Mr. Justice Roger T. Hughes, Arthur B. Renaud, L.E. Trent Horne & The Honourable Marie-Josée Bédard
The Honourable Mr. Justice Roger T. Hughes is a judge of the Federal Courts of Canada. He is also the author of several texts and looseleaf services in the litigation and intellectual property field.
Arthur B. Renaud is a Partner in the intellectual property litigation group in the Ottawa offices of Gowling Lafleur Henderson LLP.
L.E. Trent Horne is a Partner in the intellectual property litigation group in the Toronto offices of Bennett Jones LLP.
The Honourable Marie-Josée Bédard is a judge of the Federal Courts of Canada and ex officio member of the Federal Court of Appeal.
To order or for current pricing go to:
store.lexisnexis.ca/store/ca or 1-800-668-6481
Price subject to change. Shipping, handling, and sales tax will be added where applicable. LexisNexis, the Knowledge Burst logo, and lexis.com are registered trademarks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under license. Matthew Bender is a registered trademark of Matthew Bender properties Inc. Other products or services may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Copyright 2012 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. No part of these materials including graphics or logos, may be copied, photocopied, reproduced, translated or reduced to any electronic medium or machine-readable form, in whole or in part, without specific written permission of LexisNexis.
Distribution for commercial purposes is prohibited.