Halsbury's Laws of Canada - Contracts (2013 Reissue)
Publisher: LexisNexis Canada
Begin updating your law library today!
$135* per volume (ISBN: 9780433454946) OR purchase individual volumes at $280 each.
For more information or to place an order please contact us.
*Per volume with commitment to purchase the entire 77-volume set.
The law of contracts is one of the bedrocks of the common law, and issues of offer, acceptance, breach and remedy run through virtually every field of legal practice. This makes a clear understanding of the application of contract law a definite prerequisite for every lawyer.
Authoritatively crafted, newly revised and co-authored by one of Canada's leading scholars on the topic, the Halsbury's Contracts (2013 Reissue)
title delivers that understanding with a straightforward narrative of the law - explaining key elements, outlining basic principles and shedding light on a wide variety of important principles. It is a valuable resource that is especially helpful for those who are seeking a solid and thoughtful grounding in contract law that addresses the black letter law while illuminating the subtle nuances that arise out of it. Topics covered in this unique reference include:
- Offer and acceptance
- Special cases
- Protection of the negotiating process
- Enforcement of contracts
- Formality - contracts under seal
- Third Party Beneficiary Rule
- Legal and equitable assignment
- Formal requirements for contracts
- Statute of Frauds considerations
- Contractual capacity
- Contractual interpretation
- General considerations
- Express and implied conditions
- Common law and statutory illegality
- And much more
- Enhanced contents
- General table of contents to the level of Chapter headings
- Detailed table of contents to the level of clause headings
- Detailed sectional contents set out within the commentary for each chapter and section
- References and abbreviations - An alphabetical listing of special references and abbreviations used in the volume, with an explanation of their meaning
- Selected secondary sources - Setting out selected texts, articles, and other secondary sources pertaining to the subject that the reader may find to be relevant and helpful
- Glossary of definitions - Identifying words and phrases defined in legislation governing testate and intestate succession, and providing the text of the definition in each jurisdiction for easy reference. A valuable "quick reference" in a field marked by a wide variety of statutes promulgated across many jurisdictions
- Table of Cases
- Table of Statutes and Statutory Instruments
- List of Related Titles
Billing Method: Updates Billed As Issued
Table of Contents
II. Offer and Acceptance
III. Criteria of Enforcement
IV. Third Party Beneficiary Rule
VI. Formal Requirements
VII. Capacity to Consent
VIII. Interpretation of Contacts
IX. Excuses for Contractual Obligations
XI. Remedies for Breach of Contract
Angela Swan, B.Comm., LL.B., B.C.L. & Jakub Adamski, B.A., B.C.L., LL.B., LL.M.
Angela Swan, B.Comm., LL.B., B.C.L.
, is Counsel and a member of the Corporate/Commercial Group and the Legal Education Department at Aird & Berlis LLP in Toronto. She is also an Adjunct Professor at Osgoode Hall Law School of York University. She was a Professor of Law at the Faculty of Law, University of Toronto from 1965 to 1988 and at McGill University from 1996 to 2002. She has also been a sessional lecturer at Queen's University and a Visiting Professor at the University of Victoria. She was previously a partner at Aird & Berlis LLP. Her areas of expertise include contract law, corporate law, and the conflict of laws. Martindale-Hubbell has granted her an AV rating signifying the highest level of legal ability as well as an extremely high adherence to the professional standards of conduct, ethics, reliability, and diligence. She is co-author, with Nicholas C. Bala and Barry J. Reiter, of Butterworths® Contracts - Cases, Notes & Materials
, now in its seventh edition. With Jakub Adamski, she is co- author of Canadian Contract Law, 3rd Ed
. Jakub Adamski, B.A., B.C.L., LL.B., LL.M.
, is a lawyer who articled with a leading Toronto law firm after completing his legal education at McGill University and Columbia Law School. He practices in litigation and corporate law. He has maintained a strong interest in legal education by lecturing business associations and corporate law history at the Faculty of Law, McGill University and sale of goods and contract law at the Université de Montréal. He is the co-author (with Angela Swan) of Canadian Contract Law, 3rd Ed.
, author of the Legal Profession title for Halsbury's Laws of Canada
, and he has also co-authored several case comments and presentations.
To order or for current pricing go to:
store.lexisnexis.ca/store/ca or 1-800-668-6481
Price subject to change. Shipping, handling, and sales tax will be added where applicable. LexisNexis, the Knowledge Burst logo, and lexis.com are registered trademarks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under license. Matthew Bender is a registered trademark of Matthew Bender properties Inc. Other products or services may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Copyright 2012 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. No part of these materials including graphics or logos, may be copied, photocopied, reproduced, translated or reduced to any electronic medium or machine-readable form, in whole or in part, without specific written permission of LexisNexis.
Distribution for commercial purposes is prohibited.