Halsbury's Laws of Canada - Holidays / Hospitality / Hunting and Fishing (2013 Reissue)
Publisher: LexisNexis Canada
Begin updating your law library today!
$135* per volume (ISBN: 9780433454946) OR purchase individual volumes at $280 each.
For more information or to place an order please contact us.
*Per volume with commitment to purchase the entire 77-volume set.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Holidays (2013 Reissue)
Catherine Morin, B.Mus. (Hons.), LL.B.
The law governing public holidays in Canada is a topic that impacts every Canadian, and it routinely generates a variety of practical queries that often can be difficult to conveniently answer. This newly revised title provides a comprehensive explanation of the patchwork web of rules and legislation that governs the provision of public holidays in each jurisdiction in Canada. Topics covered include:
Hospitality (2013 Reissue)
- Constitutionality of holiday legislation
- The various kinds of holidays and the rules that apply to each
- Sunday closing laws across Canada
- The law relating to days of reflection or commemoration
- Rules in regard to school holidays
Catherine Morin, B.Mus. (Hons.), LL.B.
The rules governing the interaction between hotels and food and drink establishments and their patrons have important legal and commercial consequences that can be relevant to a number of areas of practice, including business law, torts, civil and criminal litigation, privacy and much more. But while encountering relevant client concerns dealing with hospitality issues may be easy, finding answers quickly is not. Until now.
Newly updated, the Halsbury's Hospitality (2013 Reissue)
title is the most accessible and convenient reference available in Canada to understand the many aspects of hospitality law. In one convenient source, you'll find a discussion of matters such as:
Hunting and Fishing (2013 Reissue)
- The legislation relevant to the provision of hospitality services
- The application of occupier's liability law to hotels and restaurants
- The duty and liabilities of a hotel or restaurant to its guests
- Legal requirements of hotel operation
- Tourism development and promotion framework
Jay Brecher, B.A., LL.B.
According to government surveys, over six million Canadians have taken part in recreational fishing, and in hunting and trapping, making these activities a surprisingly significant part of the national commerce and culture. They are also activities that are strictly controlled by federal and provincial law, with criminal and quasi-criminal consequences arising from violation of the rules.
Newly revised, the Halsbury's Hunting and Fishing (2013 Reissue) title provides clear insight into this unique corner of Canadian law, and offers a concise description of the relevant regulatory framework that governs fishing and the hunting of wildlife. Topics covered include:
- The right to hunt and fish
- Endangered wildlife
- Permitted methods and equipment for hunting, trapping, and fishing
- Licensing requirements
- Purchase, sale, possession, and transport of wildlife and fish
- Specific offences and defences
- Enforcement powers
Table of Contents
Holidays (2013 Reissue)
- Enhanced Contents
- General table of contents to the level of Chapter headings
- Detailed table of contents to the level of clause headings
- Detailed sectional contents set out within the commentary for each chapter and section
- References and abbreviations - An alphabetical listing of special references and abbreviations used in the volume, with an explanation of their meaning
- Selected secondary sources - Setting out selected texts, articles, and other secondary sources pertaining to the subject that the reader may find to be relevant and helpful.
- Glossary of definitions - Identifying words and phrases defined in legislation governing testate and intestate succession, and providing the text of the definition in each jurisdiction for easy reference. A valuable "quick reference" in a field marked by a wide variety of statutes promulgated across many jurisdictions
I. Statutory Holidays
II. Sunday Closing
III. School Holidays
IV. Other ObservencesHospitality (2013 Reissue)
I. The Hotel-Guest Relationship
II. The Hotel's Duties to the Guest and Others
III. Restaurants, Food Service, and Bars
IV. Laws Relating to General Hotel Operation
V. TourismHunting and Fishing (2013 Reissue)
II. Habitat and Wildlife Protection
III. Methods and Equipment
V. Purchase, Sale, Possession and Transport
VII. Administration and Enforcement
Catherine Morin, B.Mus. (Hons.), LL.B. & Jay Brecher, B.A., LL.B.
Holidays / Hospitality (2013 Reissue) Catherine Morin, B.Mus. (Hons.), LL.B.
, is a legal researcher and writer for LexisNexis Canada, where she serves as the supervising editor, supplementation for Halsbury's Laws of Canada
. A former practitioner, Catherine has been responsible for re-structuring and overseeing the production of various digest products, including NetLetters
™ and the Canadian Weekly Law Sheet
, where her duties included editing and writing case law summaries spanning a broad range of legal topics. She is also author of several Halsbury's
titles, including Gifts, Debtor and Creditor, Mines and Minerals, Missing Persons and Absentees
, and Roads, Highways and Bridges
, and has served as a contributing editor on numerous others, including Infants and Children, Motor Vehicles
and Youth Justice
.Hunting and Fishing (2013 Reissue) Jay Brecher, B.A., LL.B.
, is the managing editor of Halsbury's Laws of Canada
. He has extensive experience as a legal researcher, writer and editor for LexisNexis Canada, and has been responsible for the content on such databases as LAW/NET
and Canadian Case Summaries
on the Quicklaw online legal research service. He has authored or co- authored several Halsbury's
titles, including Athletics, Judges and Courts, and Social Assistance
, and has served as a contributing editor for numerous others, including Copyright, Employment, Income Tax (General), Negligence, Patents, Torts
To order or for current pricing go to:
store.lexisnexis.ca/store/ca or 1-800-668-6481
Price subject to change. Shipping, handling, and sales tax will be added where applicable. LexisNexis, the Knowledge Burst logo, and lexis.com are registered trademarks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under license. Matthew Bender is a registered trademark of Matthew Bender properties Inc. Other products or services may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Copyright 2012 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. No part of these materials including graphics or logos, may be copied, photocopied, reproduced, translated or reduced to any electronic medium or machine-readable form, in whole or in part, without specific written permission of LexisNexis.
Distribution for commercial purposes is prohibited.