British Columbia Environmental Management Legislation & Commentary, 2008 Edition
Publisher: LexisNexis Canada
Billing Method: Annual Publication – Standing Order Terms Apply
This concise guide to the law of environmental management in British Columbia includes an overview of the British Columbia Environmental Management Act, the Contaminated Sites Regulation and key compliance and practice issues.
This practical resource contains extensive commentary, written by environmental law expert Richard E. Bereti of Harper Grey LLP, who has acted in some of British Columbia's most significant environmental cases, including Gehring, Beazer, Oak Street and Seabright. The commentary offers guidance through the legislation and sheds light on potential liability for B.C. landowners and business operators, and compliance and risk management issues.
- Up-to-date environmental management legislation including the full text of the British Columbia Environmental Management Act and its companion Contaminated Sites Regulation
- A table of concordance comparing the Act to its equivalent section under the predecessor legislation
- Clear and accessible format ensuring up-to-date information and reliable insight at your fingertips
Highlights in This Edition
This 2008 edition of British Columbia Environmental Management Legislation & Commentary includes discussion of pertinent issues, including:
- Pollution prevention
- Pollution abatement orders
- Certificates of compliance
- Environmental torts in the context of the sale of contaminated sites
- Contaminated sites registration
- Residential property owners' liability
- Directors' and officers'
An Indispensable Guide For
- In-house corporate counsel who must understand this legislation, as it may address potential risks facing their corporation
- Environmental managers, engineers and consultants who need to understand the legislation and how it relates to their particular circumstances
- Directors and officers who require the knowledge to protect their corporation and themselves
- Lawyers practicing environmental, corporate, commercial or real estate law who are facing environmental issues and need to be fully cognizant of the legislation when providing advice to their clients
Billing Method: Annual Publication - Standing Order Terms Apply
Table of Contents
Commentary with Case References and Discussion
Table of Concordance
B.C. Environmental Management Act
Contaminated Sites Regulation
Richard E. Bereti
Richard E. Bereti
is a partner with Harper Grey LLP in Vancouver and is Chair of the firm's Environmental Group. His practice involves environmental litigation, with a focus on contaminated sites, as well as advice to business and industry respecting environmental and commercial matters, including corporate asset and share sales, property sales and leasing, site remediation, compliance, indemnities, releases, due diligence and directors' and officers' liability. Mr. Bereti has acted in some of British Columbia's most significant environmental matters, including the Gehring
, Oak Street
cases. He is also Adjunct Professor of law at the University of British Columbia.
To order or for current pricing go to:
store.lexisnexis.ca/store/ca or 1-800-668-6481
Price subject to change. Shipping, handling, and sales tax will be added where applicable. LexisNexis, the Knowledge Burst logo, and lexis.com are registered trademarks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under license. Matthew Bender is a registered trademark of Matthew Bender properties Inc. Other products or services may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Copyright 2012 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. No part of these materials including graphics or logos, may be copied, photocopied, reproduced, translated or reduced to any electronic medium or machine-readable form, in whole or in part, without specific written permission of LexisNexis.
Distribution for commercial purposes is prohibited.