Actionable Misrepresentation, 4th Edition
The new edition of this legal classic takes into account the considerable judicial and legislative activity both in the U.K. and overseas since the last edition was published in 1974, and provides thorough analysis of this area as well as supplying conclusive material to back claims.
- What constitutes implied and expressed misrepresentation
- Determining falsity and the canons of construction used
- Establishing the intention and belief of the representor
- Providing inducement and materiality
- Classes of transaction which constitutes alteration of positin
- Parties to a representation whether an individual, principal or agen>
- Bringing an action for fraudulent misrepresentation
- Principles governing the assessment of damages in deceit
- Bringing an action for damages for innocent misrepresentation under the 1967 Ac
- Other statutory provisions which create causes of action or defences in respect of misrepresentation
- Rescinding a transaction for fraud and innocent misrepresentation
- Rules of pleadings and practice/
- Liability for negligent misrepresentation based on Hedley Byrne principles
- Account of the devilment of the action for misrepresentation and the 1962 Jenkins report on the law of misrepresentation which led to the 1967 Ac
- The principle statutory provisions dealing with misrepresentation
- Analysis of key judicial decisions in the U.K., commonwealth jurisdictions and Ireland including the recent case of Smith New Court Securities Ltd. v Scrimgeour Vickers (Asset Management) Ltd.
This new edition:
Click here to read a review of this title
- Covers fraudulent, innocent and negligent misrepresentations and misrepresentations made actionable by statute
- Sets out in full the law and practice of bringing an action for misrepresentation and deals with the remedies and defences available
- Provides substantial coverage of key decisions and legislative activity in both the U.K. and Commonwealth jurisdictions
- Offers in-depth treatment of the Hedley Byrne principle and recent cases
The Honourable Mr. Justice K.R. Handley
To order or for current pricing go to:
store.lexisnexis.ca/store/ca or 1-800-668-6481
Price subject to change. Shipping, handling, and sales tax will be added where applicable. LexisNexis, the Knowledge Burst logo, and lexis.com are registered trademarks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under license. Matthew Bender is a registered trademark of Matthew Bender properties Inc. Other products or services may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Copyright 2012 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. No part of these materials including graphics or logos, may be copied, photocopied, reproduced, translated or reduced to any electronic medium or machine-readable form, in whole or in part, without specific written permission of LexisNexis.
Distribution for commercial purposes is prohibited.